Monday, May 17, 2010

Pictures, huh?

The masses demand pictures!  If only the masses could come by my house and figure out how the (*#&^# to use my stupid camera.  I tried to use the camera built into the computer, but it doesn't get the whole effect.  :-(  So until my cat gets opposable thumbs, or until someone with opposable thumbs comes to visit me, you'll have to wait for updated (post-100 lb. loss) pictures. 

Never let it be said that The Babe ignores the lovely people that are nice enough to post to her.  Now you can scroll to the bottom of the blog to see my freshly posted "before" pictures. I wouldn't even have before pictures if my mom didn't talk me (read, force me) into letting her take them.  And now it's really hard to see those old pictures.  In my head, I never weighed as much as I did.  I wouldn't look in the mirror, I did my best not to move so that I wouldn't feel how ungainly I'd gotten.  But those pictures make it really real, and I don't like reality all that much.  Bariatric Babe-land is so much prettier.

But, as my therapist says, "reality is your friend."  A friend I would like to tell to 'suck it' sometimes.  Especially on days when I feel really awful, or look too bald, or feel too lonely.  On those days, reality does not feel like a friend.

But as I tell all my employees that bitch about stupid stuff like, "Why can't we wear capris?" or "Do we really have to evacuate when the fire alarm goes off?"--it is what it is, people.  Damn.  I hate it when Sensible Me is right.

As soon as a friend with thumbs comes to visit, I will get a current picture posted too.  And when I look at my photos and see my thinning hair, my lumpy belly that looks like it lost a knife-fight, or how pretty my eyes are now that they aren't so small in my head, I will think, "It is what it is."  And that's the best it can be...

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting the before pics! I'm so glad you did!
    I can't wait to see your new ones :)

    I know what you mean about people complaining about stupid stuff... I always think "Damn! Must be nice when you have time to complain about THAT! If that's your biggest worry in life, I am SOO jealous!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness! I have SO much to comment on!

    Okay, first of all, I want to say that I can definitely tell that you've lost weight...AND you cannot tell AT ALL that your hair is thinning. My hair is so fine (but I make up for it by not having a lot of it) so if I lost even half of it, I would probably just shave it all off - or maybe decide to be "that girl in my office who wears a turban." Seriously.

    I also remember how pretty your eyes are and I think it's awesome that you are looking at other benefits of losing weight other than being thinner. Not that you haven't concentrated on the health benefits yada yada yada...

    ReplyDelete