Saturday, May 1, 2010

Another late night share...

Since I'm still recovering from my surgery, I am sleeping a lot.  In fact, today I got up around 11am, ate, and promptly fell back asleep until about 3:30 when I woke up and forced myself to leave the house.

So what did I do?  I went to Penzy's Spice Shop!  They lured me there with a coupon for free BBQ seasoning, and while I was there I picked up some spice replacements.  Usually I like the Savory Spice Shop, since they are a local company (and I prefer supporting local joints), but I figured this one time wouldn't hurt.  When I was finished, I walked up and down mainstreet looking in all the shops that were still open.  Lo and behold, just a couple of blocks down there was another Savory Spice Shop and I hid my face and my Penzy's bag as I walked by so they wouldn't know I was cheating on them for other spices.

By about 6pm, most of the places were closing on mainstreet, but I still wanted to walk.  So I drove to nearby Aspen Groves and walked up and down the shops there.  I even went into a Lane Bryant, but wasn't feeling any of the clothes there.  I can't imagine being able to shop in a "normal" size clothing store, but I'm hoping that it will someday happen.

I still wasn't done walking and so I drove over to Park Meadows mall--the greatest mall ever (seriously, it's even a tourist destination).  I went to the Beauty Bar hoping to see my friend and Makeup Guru Amber, but found out she had taken a management job at Godiva.  Oh well.  I probably won't be visiting her there!  Then I walked down the mall and UP THE STAIRS to Sephora.  If you don't already know, Sephora is like Mecca to me, with Nordstrom being my Mother Ship.  So I would have taken the stairs before to get to Sephora, but I would have had to stop halfway up to rest instead of walking down the entire mall, directly up the stairs, and then right down into the store.

By the time I was done with the walking, I was pretty sore.  Right now my ankles are feeling it and my right knee.  But with that soreness all I can think about is the day that I am strong and fit enough to walk all day long.  It may be a ways off, but I can feel that every day I choose to get off the couch and move somewhere--anywhere--no matter how slow--I get a day closer to that fitter, healthier, stronger me.

No comments:

Post a Comment