So it should come to no surprise that I obsess. Not that it's clinical or anything, but my brain likes to really focus in on trivia. So I thought I would share my recent crazy obsessions. Who knows, maybe you have them too and we can obsess together!
1. Barbeque. I am obsessed with meat on an open flame and all it's acoutrements. I literally ate pulled pork and barbeque beans 4 times in the last 2 days. And now I'm all out--I'm going to have to go back to Dickey's BBQ Pit with my friend D (isn't Dickey's BBQ Pit the best name ever?)
2. The 100 lb. loss mark. I'm so close. And I have been for 2 weeks. Yet my body is just not quite there. Yesterday I was 2.5 lbs away. I don't know why I'm obsessed with getting there when I still have another hundy to go, but I am.
3. My hormones. Seriously, how many weeks in a row can I get my period? So far, I'm at 2. It's really annoying, and it makes me break out something fierce.
4. The size of my belly. I know it's swollen still from the hernia surgery (and my belly butt is still purple-y), but seriously. With my belly I'm a size 26-28 still, yet my shirt size is down to about a 22-24. I'd like to buy some new pants already! That, and I look pregnant. Which would be fine if I actually was pregnant, but it's awkward 'cause I'm not.
5. Getting in enough protein. How much is enough? Is there such a thing as too much? Is the protein the right quality? How many grams of it can I absorb at once? Will eating more of it help my hair grow back? How the hell do I cook it so it's edible. Continue on this same useless track.
6. Vitamins. Seriously, I just ordered 3 different kinds because I'm tired of grape. And the funny is that my labwork came back fine, so I know I'm doing OK. I think my tastebuds are hooked on fruity flavors and barbeque.
7. Sandwiches. My god, I just want some meat slapped on a bun (sounds dirty, right?). But bread is not my friend. I can do a couple of bites of a tortilla or flatbread, but real bread for a real sandwich is not doable.
So when I say I'm really busy, it's because half of my "busy" time consists of me perseverating on useless mind-numbing topics. I'm curious...am I the only one who gets obsessed like this, or is it just something that comes with the territory of compulsive overeating? I want to hear from you! Do you obsess about food? Working out? The number on the scale? Or have you evolved beyond this stuff (in which case, how did you do it?) Please, share with me!