Thursday, September 8, 2011

Only 4 or 5 stomach flu till I reach my goal weight...

Sigh.  I have a cold and am not feeling well at all.  There are two upsides:
1.  I have a dead-sexy voice when I get sick.  Like Kathleen Turner.
2.  I don't feel like eating.  Or drinking.  Or staying upright for longer than an hour at a time.  But I'm going to concentrate on the not feeling like eating.

I went to support group last night, before the onset of the cold symptoms (if any of my fellow group-ies get sick, please don't blame me as the Typhoid Mary).  I'm really glad I did.  I got to see a woman there who had her surgery about the same time I did, and is struggling with the same "bounce back" that I am.  I'm so glad it's not just me.  I hear all the time about post-ops who have no food struggles (or so they say) and I would like to kick them in the shins.  Not that I'm bitter.

I know that I should be proud of losing about 165 lbs., but the fact is that I still have about 15 pounds to go before I am out of the "obese" category on the BMI chart.  I'm starting to think that between the cravings for carbs, the thyroid imbalance, and the constant tiredness from the thyroid imbalance (i.e. lack of exercise), that I will not only never get there, but that I will actually gain weight from here.

Enter in the year's first illness!  Hooray!  A stuffy nose does wonders for cravings...

2 comments:

  1. Awwww, I'm sorry you are sick. So far, no germs have hitchiked a ride on myself or my hubby! So no worries there. Great to see you on Wed., I think that was the most I've laughed at support group, and I've been to a LOT. :-)

    There has to be a better way to get to goal right? Aargh! Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh good. I was trying to keep my breathing to myself. :-) That was a really good support group, wasn't it? It was nice to see you and your hubby--I don't know if I've met him before. But then, sometimes you meet people and then they lose so much you don't recognize them the next time!

    ReplyDelete