Saturday, September 10, 2011

Les Miserables loves company

I went to the Les Mis show here in town with a friend of mine, even though I was sick (I am too cheap to let $60.00 tickets go to waste because of a little COLD!).  I had so much fun!  I'd forgotten that it's a big deal to get dressed up and go out to a show.  We're already talking about the next one we want to go to--The Lion King, and then Wicked in the spring.

Because I'm having fun learning about my new fancy I-gadgets, here's a pic of us:
I'm on the right--but aren't we cute?  And because it's a phone-photo you can't see how red my nose is from constantly blowing it.  And because we saw Les Mis, everyone around me was doing the same thing from crying, so I fit right in!

I think that when you are really overweight you don't do things that you love because they are physically too difficult.  And when you go too long, you forget about them and then wake up one day when someone asks you what your hobbies are, and you can't answer.  "Duh...I dunna know...Me forgets what me likes."  Truly, eating was my only hobby.

Tonight was a reminder.  I really like the theater.  I like live music.  I like getting gussied up and going out.  Now I just need to find a way to be able to do it more often.  Maybe I'll ask for some season tickets for my birthday or something.

Now I need to find at least 2 more things so I can have a nice number of hobbies to tell people about.

Send me your suggestions.  It helps if it involves wearing a cute outfit...

2 comments:

  1. i say start having more cocktail parties.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my God, You look AMAZING!!!
    I haven't been around in forever, actually finalizing my Goodbye post lol :) I had to check on a few people though. I am SO happy for you that you stuck with it and are doing so great! LOVE your profile pic. All the best to you!!!! Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete