Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Preparing for weight loss surgery...one word...

Distraction, distraction, distraction.

You see, I can't eat anything for 2 days prior to surgery.  So I haven't eaten since last night at 9:00pm, and I won't eat anything for at least another week.  Just clear liquids.

So when your brain insists that it is time to eat, and you have to pass 30 billboards on the way home with juicy cheeseburgers on them, and every other ad on TV is for pizza (my biggest downfall), and your mother is eating something that I would normally think is gross but smells delicious today in the other room, ya gotta find something to distract yourself.

It's time to shop!  I'm looking on-line for super-cool things that remind me of the healthy habits I will be starting.  I already perused the "resort wear" collection at Avenue (ooooo....swimsuits!), but I thought I'd share some things that might actually be helpful.


First up, I will need to drink lots and lots of water, until my eyeballs float and my bladder cries for mercy.  So I was looking for a water bottle that is good for the environment and not a pain in the butt to cart around (both full and empty).  Go to http://vapur.us/home.php and check out these collapsible water bottles.  Fill them up, freeze them, put them in the top of your dishwasher rack, carry them with you, then roll up the empty bottles to take home and do it all over again!  These look awesome, and as soon as the blue color is back in stock, I'm ordering several.



  
Here is the next cool one.  I don't have immediate purchase plans, because eating solid food is a long way off, but these bowls have measurements built right in.  So you can measure your cereal in the bowl you eat it.  Now you and I know that we could just eat out of the measuring bowl, or we could measure and then put it into the bowl, but we also know that if we haven't managed to do it yet, we need something simpler.  It's microwavable and dishwasher safe, and come in a 1/2 to 2 cup size or a 1/4 to 3/4 cup size.  Cool!  Find this one at http://shopmeasureupbowl.com/main.sc


As there are still 3 hours left in the evening before I can reasonably go to bed, I may find even more cool stuff to share.  Hey, it's not compulsive shopping until I actually buy something, right?

1 comment:

  1. Those are SO awesome! Now I have things to add on my wish list for my birthday!

    Hey - how are you feeling by the way?

    ReplyDelete