Monday, January 11, 2010

From the Mom

My mom just came into town, since she is going to be helping me after my surgery.  She just handed me a piece of paper with this on it, and asked me to read it before going to bed, and again when I woke up:

"Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine.  When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you.  For I am the Lord your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior."  from Isaiah 43:1-3 NRSV

I like the idea of walking through fire and not being burned.  Maybe singed a little is all.

I don't see this process as smooth sailing, but I (somewhat surprisingly) have faith that I will come through it.  With scars, yes.  But without being consumed.

Thank you for reminding me, Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment