You know that these always come with rules, and here are the rules for this one:
- Post and link back to the person who gave you this award.
- Share 7 things about yourself.
- Pass the award on to 15 recently discovered great bloggers (or as many as you can).
- Contact these bloggers and tell them they've won!
1. Done, and done
2. Let's do bullets to keep these straight
- I'm exceptionally good at the "pigeon" yoga pose (way better than the teacher), but my hamstrings are so tight I still can't touch my toes.
- Apparently, I have a "young soul." This is from the same person at the Metaphysical Fair who told me that my necklace was full of dolphin energy (and who did not think it was funny when I asked her if there was an exhausted dolphin swimmin' around somewhere because of me).
- I went to college on a writing scholarship, an academic scholarship, and a music scholarship. Note that there is nothing there about an athletic scholarship.
- Speaking of my great athleticism, I coined the term "Freestyle Stair-Diving" and told people that was how I broke my ankle. It sounds way cooler than "I was carrying a bag of presents, a large box, an apple pie, my purse, and wearing 2.5 inch heels while running down the narrowest stairs known to man." And no, I didn't even drop the pie.
- My first kiss was when I was 16, and the boy in question has since come out of the closet (shout out to Mr. B!). I like to think that I ruined him for all other men, but in hindsight his fondness for show tunes should have tipped me off.
- My (not so) secret ambition is to be a esthetician and makeup artist, and give away my services to women who are trying to get back into the workforce. Like "Dress for Success," but for your face.
- I am a Libra, and making a decision on what to put down for my #7 has taken me 30 minutes of wandering around my house and thinking.
- Smaller Fun Pants, and all versions thereof- because she is awesome, funny, and a personal friend
- Head Nurse- funny as can be, big hearted, and gets the medical industry
- Hooked on Beauty- need I say more?
- Kaylen's Kitchen- great lower-carb recipes
- Bariatric Foodie- inspirational and yummy bariatric recipies
- Maria's Nutritional Consulting- I have 2 of her books and love her food
- Weight Loss Surgery Vitagarden- THE resource for information on vitamins and supplements for the bariatric community
- Shrinking Blubeary- a "regular dieter" (not surgically altered), but has beautiful insights for all of us who struggle with weight
- Telling Dad- just makes me laugh, and he's a good person who gives back to women in need of a new start with his charity
- Melting Mama- best post-surgery recommendations on the internet
- Musings from the Big Pink- another dad who just cracks me up
- Endurance isn't Always Physical- someone who actually likes to exercise
- Healthy Schmelthy- you just have to go read it, she's awesome!
- The Bypassed Life- I just found this one, and find it really informative and interesting
- My Day- because her tenacity and determination inspire me
- theworldaccordingtoeggface- great bariatric recipes and info
- Your Lighter Side- funny and low-carb!