Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Turbo what what?

So today I was feeling frisky, and instead of heading to the gym for a boring elliptical workout, I decided to try a Turbo Kick Box class.

Yup.  You read that right.  It went much as you are probably imagining, except I did not get KO'd for zigging when I should have zagged (you should see me trying to do the Electric Slide--although at a wedding everyone is drunk and doesn't mind that I'm running into them).

In honor of my risky new adventure, and keeping with this week's "internet theme,"  I give you Telling Dad, who is a blogger about families, and he absolutely cracks me up.  He volunteered to video himself doing the "Flirty Girl Workout" if people would donate to the "Sweet Dreams Fund", which is a charitable organization he started that helps women and children get out of domestic abuse.  Originally, he was shaking his booty to raise $500 for the charity, and he more than doubled that amount.  If you are interested, you can still visit his website and donate to the fund.

Take a look at the video and you can see why people were willing to donate money to this man.  I only wish that my ridiculousness this evening could have similarly benefitted charity.  Alas, the only people who benefitted from my flailing attempts at group exercise are those who, unfortunately for them, ended up behind me in class (yea, you're welcome).




I hope you all are enjoying internet week on my blog. If you want more of the Babe, head over to Smaller Fun Pants's blog, as I'm a guest star over there today with a much less silly and more weight-loss relevant posting. While you're there, hang out and wish her a speedy recovery--maybe even subscribe to one of her blogs. As a thank you to her for letting me be her temporary nom de plume, I plan on taking a photo of myself in my brand-spankin' new pair of "fun pants." I'll post it here too, for you all to enjoy.

In the meantime, I encourage you all to go out and shake your booty, regardless of how uncoordinated, ungainly, and clumsy you might be. If I can do it, and if Greg can do it, I know that you can too.

No comments:

Post a Comment