Saturday, August 7, 2010

Proportion Distortion

So I talked before about how a lot of post-surgical peeps are thin, with a bit of bulk in the abdomen/hip area from extra skin (I spoke about this previously here).  Since it seems to be very typical of post-ops to be disproportionate this way, I'm trying to be kind to myself and not let the weeble-wobble image in the mirror throw me.

But I finally had to replace my jeans because it isn't attractive when you have to keep hitching them up as you walk.  You can see in my 6-month pic that they are pretty baggy, so I went to Lane Bryant.  They have a new sizing system based on your build--curvy, average, or straight.  I tried on an average pair first and I was a size 22.  Shocking to think that 6 months ago I didn't even know my size because I wouldn't have been caught dead in a pair of jeans.  But the 'average cut', while just barely fitting around my waist, was way too big in the hips, butt, and thighs.  So I got the slender straight cut...and found out I had to get a size 24.  While they fit smaller, the size was larger.  And the tops I bought were all 22's.  Grrrr....

I know that sizes and numbers shouldn't matter, but at this phase they really do.  The scale isn't moving, my clothing size is still starting with a two--shouldn't I be thin by now?  And why is it that my stomach is still so increadibly out of proportion? 

I don't know the answers.  I don't know what will cause those numbers to go down further, other than to keep doing what I'm supposed to.  And I know in my head that my proportions will be off and strange until the time I lose enough weight and get plastic surgery to correct that.

But it still is very frustrating.  Anyone who says that surgery is the easy way out should be slapped.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry your frustrated babe :( The only thing I can say is it really hasn't been THAT long... and like you said, it's just what happens post surgery. I know that doesn't make it any better though... What about exercise, would that help at all?

    Just remember it's only temporary. And that it will be worth it in the end! How much do you have to loose to have plastic surgery anyway???

    You look great, and you are doing a great job!

    oh, and I am WAY to chicken to have surgery, so you'll never hear me say it's the "easy" way out lol. Maybe faster, but NOT easier.

    ReplyDelete